Versatile tone range
Porter Classic Humbucker Pickups offer a great vintage tone that is nice and warm, but distorts smoothly. They feature a AlNiCo V magnet, and can be wound to your specs depending on the output you are looking for. The pickups would match with any type of guitar from solid bodies to hollows. The Classic Humbuckers provide a nice clean sound in the neck position, and a good cut through tone in the bridge position without being too shrill. Try a Classic with a little overdrive, or a cranked amp and it will go from a nice break-up tone, and clean up as you roll the volume pot down
Suggested Neck-Bridge Combos (Order your individual Classic or Set with the buttons to the right)
Smooth-Classic Our best seller! Versatile tones from neck to bridge and a great middle position. You get the great lows and softer respond of the neck positions for clean chords and the bridge that can rock if needed.
Classic Bridge, Clean
Classic Bridge Distorted
Smooth Neck, Classic Bridge (Middle) Clean
Smooth Neck, Classic Bridge (Middle) Distorted
- Try the Classic in the neck or bridge position for a versatile tone that has the right amount of bite
- The classic pairs exceptionally well with a Smooth in the neck, two Classics, or the Classic neck with an Overdrive/Clear bridge
- Buy these if: You need more clarity from your setup
- Buy these if: You need a pickup that can take pedals and different amp types well.
- Great in a bridge position on a HSS configuration, or as a neck humbucker paired with a bridge single coil
These options are available for the order, but you must email us at the time of purchase/after checkout:
- f-spaced bridge
- Metal braided hookup wire