Our take on vintage PAF
Anthem PAF Humbucker
Vintage Tone for Vintage Junkies! All custom options for the Anthems are available at no extra charge (except for relic covers)
The Anthems are our take and tribute to the classic original humbucker design. It’s said that no two PAF’s are the same, and with the Anthems, we’ve put in several elements that have been found in our favorite PAF’s. The end result is a pickup that is balanced well and responds to pick attack, and your playing. The Anthems have plenty of rich harmonic clarity to spare and a killer vintage translation of your playing style.
Our standard wind and specs for the Anthems, and the one we feel represents them well is in the 7-8k range (bridge and neck) and both pickups with AlNiCo V magnets. During our development we tested Anthems with these specs against several vintage PAF’s in order to find the right inspiration for their design.
The Porter Anthem PAF Humbuckers make new guitars sound like old guitars, and give you the vintage tones you hear on the old recordings. They accurately translate your playing and respond well to different guitar, amp, and effect types without losing their clarity and punch.
Anthem Bridge, Clean
Anthem Middle Clean (Middle of a 3 pickup guitar)
Anthem PAF Neck, Clean
Anthem Bridge, OD Keeley 1962
Anthem Middle Clean (Middle of a 3 pickup guitar) Keeley 1962
Anthem Neck OD, Keeley 1962
- You have been chasing the PAF tone and need
- You need more 3d tone and bloom from your notes.
- You need to cover jazz, blues and clean chords, but like to rock out with vintage style amps
- you need a classic rock recording tone, or for a cover band to nail that tone
- you have a muddy mahogany based guitar that needs some livening up
- Scatter wound with a proprietary pattern
- Black or Zebra Butyrate Bobbins 49.2mm string spacing
- Metal Braided Hookup Wire, long leg baseplates (Unless otherwise noted)
- AlNiCo V Magnets
- Wax Potted (Standard) (Un-potted available‚
- Maple Spacer
- Neck is a low 7k wind stock and bridge is high 7k or right at 8. We feel this best represents the PAF tone we like most.
Wiring information coming soon. We will tailor these diagrams to metal braided wire, but we can point you to the 4-conductor diagrams if you order the anthems with that.
These options are available for the order, but you must email us at the time of purchase/after checkout:
- f-spaced bridge
- Overwind or hot wind bridge
- Choice of other magnets than the standard A5-A5 Combo. Please ask if you have a favorite for your PAF
- Relic covers (Nickel Only)
|Set of 2||NIckel||ANTSNI||856724008040|
|Set of 2||Chrome||ANTSCR||856724008057|
|Set of 2||Raw Nickel||ANTSRN||856724008675|
|Set of 2||Gold||ANTSGD|
|Set of 2||Zebra||ANTSZB|
|Set of 2||White||ANTSWH|
|Set of 2||Black||ANTSBLK|
|Set of 2||Aged White||ANTSAW|